Preparing for Your Session
I am so excited to work with your little one! Here are some tips and tricks to help these sessions go as smoothly as possible!
- I recommend bringing milk/water for baby (and a snack if they’re old enough). If siblings are participating, I recommend a treat such as marshmallows, fruit snacks, or a non-staining candy.
- Feel free to bring baby’s favorite toy, stuffed animal, or prop that makes them smile. Please know that at this age, babies can get overstimulated very easily, so while musical/light up toys can help get their attention, it’s great to have some non musical toys also in case they get overwhelmed.
- Depending on your baby’s personality, I may enlist the help of a parent to get their attention/smiles. I recommend having only one parent be the “attention getter” at a time. If both parents are trying to get attention on either side of me, it can be distracting for baby.
- Also note that when baby is looking at you, they are not looking at the camera, so the goal is for you to get them smiling and then for me to get their attention. I may ask parents to step out for a few shots if we’re having trouble getting eye contact.
- I do have wardrobe available for babies. If you are bringing your own outfits, I recommend rompers, overalls, or dresses that can show off baby’s arms and legs. We usually go barefoot in studio.